Saturday, February 18, 2006

My Fanciest Birdcage But Not My Favourite.



I bought this a few years ago for far too much. But how could I resist it when it's the most unusual birdcage I'd ever seen and I had a collection? The back spins around. It's got, or had, four perches sticking out from the spinning bit...? Who knows what that's about, a bit of fun for tweetie pie?

My favourite birdcages are the old and beaten. I'll add some pictures of another couple sometime. I think I have maybe fifteen? More or less, and I don't want any more. I had this compulsion to bring them home if one had been abandoned to the kerb side garbage collection, but it seems to have subsided. I always felt uncomfortable if the doors were open, so I'd hang them about the garden with closed doors (always empty) and if anyone opened the door I'd tell them not to and close it again. Something about entrapment I suppose (I hate being a typically psycological human being).

No comments: