Saturday, February 18, 2006

Bought this from Loch At A Garage Sale.


Turned out to have been Vicky from Quilter's Barn's garage sale.
It's such a great face! Looks just like a woman I met on a tram going up Church Street to Bridge Road in Richmond. She'd taken a lot of drugs in her day I think, or something. Anyway, we ended up talking and she did this face all of the time. Holding her mouth in at the sides and tilting her head so she looked at you out of the side of her eyes. I liked her and felt very moved by her for some reason.
She would have been extaordinarliy pretty if she'd left the cigarettes and drugs alone, or hadn't had a hard, dissapointing life, I thought. When I got out of the tram and crossed the road I looked back, and waved. She had been watching and waved too and I thought I should have had a $2 cuppa with her, which is where she was going, for a treat. By herself.
The new boyfriend had turned out to be a dud, apparently, just like the others.

No comments: