Monday, April 16, 2007

I've Stopped Buying Now

At least for a while. Perhaps a long while (It's 15cm / 6" high by the way).
p
The beautiful thing is, my love is very happy to not need be concerning himself about presents, so I don't have to feel guilty anymore. In fact, I think I'm proud to have made his life just that little bit easier.
'
He's so (laff and laff) funny. Even though we like almost everything the same... same movies, same pictures, same books, same decorations, same places, same activities, same sporty-type fun things to do, same colours, same destinations, same not-sporty-type things to do or not do, same paper, same ink, same chocolates, same couch, same bed, same people, same lots of things... he can never think of a suitable present. Ha ha ha! I used to try and get him to go it alone, but the stress, the anxiety, the hilarious non-comprehension has made me see the error of my ways.
'
When my Mum had a jewellery shop, you'd get little kids come in to buy the $2 diamond and precious emerald/ruby rings for their Mum's with money that was hot because they'd been holding it in their little hands for ages while they looked around for that special something. My kids bought me a beautiful diamond and amethyst $2 ring which I still have. Then you'd get the other Mums who'd come in, buy themselves something and say it was from the kids for Mother's Day or something and we thought, where's the fun in that! So you see my point.

No comments: